WHAT IS MANUKA OIL?
Manuka oil is steam-distilled from the leaf and growth tips of the manuka plant. The slow steam-heating, all natural process causes the oil sacs in the leaves and bark to release, steam is vaporized and the oil distilled off. It is a gentle, small-batch process taking 5 hours and resulting in pure essential manuka oil. No chemicals are used in the extraction process.
The Power of Manuka Oil
- Antimicrobial: Mānuka oil contains β-triketones, natural compounds that kill or stop the growth of micro-organisms which stimulate the immune
response in wounds, speeding up healing times.
- Antifungal: A 2014 study on the effect of mānuka oil on fungi found that the growth of T. mucoides and M. furfur were the most effectively
- Antibacterial: A study, published in the Journal of Microbiology, found that mānuka oil significantly inhibited the growth of the bacteria S.
aureus, S. mutans, S. sobrinus, and E. coli and also found it to be effective against some antibiotic-resistant ‘super bugs’, including MRSA.
- Anti-aging / antioxidant: A 2013 study showed that a topical application of mānuka oil suppressed the UV-B- induced increase in skin thickness
and wrinkle grading in a dose-dependent manner and could suppress UV-B- induced skin inflammation by inhibiting the production of
Mānuka oil has also been shown to possess other biological properties; it is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, an antihistamine and an anti-allergen.
Mānuka oil has been proven to possess antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antiseptic, antihistamine and antifungal
[Source : Chien et al 2014
Chien-Chia Chen, Sui-Hing Yan, Muh-Yong Yen, Pei-Fang Wu, Wei-Ting Liao, Tsi-Shu Huang, Zhi-Hong Wen, Hui-Min David Wang 2014
Kwon, O.S.; Jung, S.H. and Yang, B.S. (2013) Topical Administration of Manuka Oil Prevents UV-B Irradiation ]
Benefits of Manuka Oil for Skincare:
MānukaRx™ natural skin ointment helps with dry itchy skin, chapped lips, broken cuticles and dry spots because this natural skincare ointment is ideal for both minor daily nuisances and may help with stubborn minor skin irritations.
It is a natural ointment containing premium East Cape mānuka oil and has natural antibacterial properties to help prevent the spread of bacterial infections of the skin.
Useful for :
- Eczema & Dermatitis
- Dry Skin and Cuticles
- Minor Cuts, Burns and Skin lesions.
- Nappy Rash Cream
- Insect Bites
- Lip Balm
- Scratches and Chaffing
Castor seed oil, Sunflower seed oil, Beeswax, Mānuka oil, Tribehenin, Cocoa butter, Shea butter, Calendula flower oil, Curcuma Longa Root Oil.
Customer reviews :
“Love this, gave the sample to my pregnant daughter who was struggling with eczema and it all went away” – Sandra
“Excellent, beautiful ointment and it really works on cracked skins and itchy bites! – Linda
“Very effective in aiding the healing of a wound i had recently. Would highly recommend this product. Like the packaging of this cream being in a tube for ease of application and carrying in my bag safely.” – Kee Ling