Creams and lotions are used to moisturise and keep skin soft. They contain components that replenish the moisture lost from the skin, or to prevent existing moisture from being lost. Some lotions are also used for as a shielding lotion to protect skin from being exposed to external pollutants, such as dust and other chemicals. For sensitive skin, look for an eczema cream or lotion that is easily absorbed, hypoallergenic, and free of harsh preservatives and perfumes.
Differences between creams vs lotion:
- Creams are thicker and have less water content; lotions are lighter and have more water content
- Creams are more suitable for very dry / severely dry skin; lotions are for mildly dry skin
- Lotions should not be applied directly on wounded / bleeding skin
- Creams may leave a greasier feel on the skin
- Lotions are faster to absorb into the skin
Gloves in a Bottle Shielding Lotion (240ml)SGD1.20 Cashback
What is the Difference between Eczema Cream and Eczema Lotions?
Eczema lotions generally have a higher water content, tend to be light-weight, non-greasy, and are more easily absorbed into the skin. They are suitable for sensitive or slightly dry skin.
Eczema creams are made of a blend of oil and water, but with a higher oil concentration. Creams are thicker in consistency than lotions and provide a barrier that keeps skin hydrated for a longer time. For very dry skin, creams are a better option to seal and retain skin moisture.